Thursday, January 21, 2010

We only think of others when its good for us

How bad it is that we only think of doing good with others when we see some benefit that we are going to get out of it. For example when we want to make new friends we will start helping others in their matters, when we are thinking of some other benefit of ours like we want to start a new business we will be very nice with people who are already in business or who are thinking to start a new business, or when we need someones help in preparing for an exam. I have started to get this feeling after having such experiences with people around me.

I said it bad because I think instead of doing like this, we should be helping others who are in need without expecting any thing in return from them. For example if we think that we want to make our surrounding a better living place for all of us or atleast just for ourselves we should do good with others and also convince others that by doing good with others we can make our place a better place for ourselves.

Doing good for others can be a very small favor or a very huge favor. In other words we can do good with others to an extent we can afford and willingly want to do. For example what I do every month I give some money to poor person that I know actually need money and has not made begging his livelihood. Sometimes when I feel that my money can be wasted then just for my own sake I buy a thing that a poor person needs and give to him/her with my own hands like food, books or similar items that I can afford.

Analyzing affects of this act, below is list that comes to my mind

- we do good for others
- we do good for ourselves by getting reward of good deeds in our account with God
- we added our share for removing poverty from our country
- if we have a strong will to do good for others, a single act will bring great self satisfaction
- we made a good impression of ourselves in front of others
- and finally, we naturally passing this habit to our next generation

What are your views about this? Any thing you like to add here?

No comments:

Post a Comment